All the parts are here!! Assembling the honeycomb fins
Sanding the airframe man that is smooth :)
Cutting slots in the airframe at Steve Wigfields shop All done!! the jig worked great!!
Fitting all the pieces together, now it is starting to look like a rocket!!
Nice strong fiber reinforced fillets Here the motor tube in glued into the airframe. Since the slots went all the
Fins are also glassed to the motor tube way through the end of the airframe, I used metal rods clamped around the frame
but I forgot to photograph it. to get a good and tight glue/fit around the motor tube.
I used chop sticks for support of the tail cone shroud which is 1/64th" plywood, then applied epoxy and taped the plywood cover in place.
Here is the completed tail cone, other than a little filling to be done. Now it is really starting to look like a Black Brant II
Here are the vacuum bagging photos
After I finished the bagging then the fun of sanding and filling has begun.......weeeeeeeee my favorite part!!!
I spread Bondo Glazing Putty (thinned with acetone) over the entire area. after the the sanding, most of the large low spots are filled.
Next is the final filler coat of West Systems and micro balloons.
Now it is time for painting...................